Friday, August 22, 2014

Gotta Get Down on Friday



Hello internet friends!  It’s been a wild week for sure. August and September are my busiest months at work and I’ve spent the last week in a constant state of panic.  It doesn’t help that a wicked stomach virus has been spreading around work so we’ve been shorthanded.  I managed to get sick last weekend (LUCKY ME) so I spent this week covering for my team while trying not to have a nervous breakdown running from meeting to meeting.

(source)

Know what made this week even more of a treat? Being on a very low calorie diet that is also a low carb diet!  My Medifast box came in last Thursday so I started the plan on Friday.  To say my energy has been low would be like saying January in Minnesota is chilly.  I.E. TOTAL UNDERSTATEMENT.  I’m finally starting to get used to running on significantly fewer calories, though I did have to make some adjustments.

For example, I’m supposed to be doing 5 Medifast meals a day with one lean and green meal.  Well, because the meals have so many vitamins and minerals in them, especially iron, they have a tendency to make my stomach uneasy.  So, to cope with this, I am eating 4 Medifast meals and 2 lean and green meals.  The heavier real food meals tend to cut some nausea that I’m attributing primarily to iron.

Usually I’ll throw the Medifast Hot Cocoa packet or Dutch Chocolate shake into my morning coffee for breakfast within 30 minutes of waking.  Then around 10 I’ll eat something that is actual food.  Lately it’s been a spinach and mushroom omelet or some cold boiled eggs and chopped cucumbers.  Then I’ll do 3 more shakes/bars/whatever throughout the day and eat another real food meal in the evening.   I also found that any medication needed to be taken at night with real food to also help prevent feeling sick to my stomach.

(source)
 
I’ll talk more about how stuff tastes and what I go and whatnot later on, but I will say while it’s not the worst thing I’ve ever eaten, it’s not Chez Pierre either.  

+1 if you got that reference


But it is easy, not too expensive, and portable.  Just like me.  I’ll also point out that I lost 9 pounds this week.  I know that from now one my loss will likely be around 2-5 pounds per week but losing 15-24 pounds in a month without delivering a child or something is pretty impressive.  

(source)

What’s the weirdest diet you ever did?  Mine is probably cabbage soup.  Still to this day I cannot eat boiled cabbage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment