Monday, July 14, 2014

Manic Monday



 This weekend was sort of random.  Friday, after a horrible day at work, I ventured to Barnes and Noble and Ulta instead of going to the gym.  Turns out that I prefer pricy British fashion magazines and $8 lip balm over working out.  Who knew!  But it was nice and relaxing and sort of exactly what I needed.  I mean, I didn’t need to spend the money, but it was nice to not think about that for a second.  

 

Lip nectar of the gods

On Saturday I was supposed to do something at Lake Calhoun with a friend but it rained so instead I went to the gym for a killer workout that included day 1 of half marathon training.  The good news is that I didn’t die.  The bad news is that I can only run for 90 seconds without wheezing.  

That evening I met friends for appetizers and drinks at The Blackbird CafĂ© in Minneapolis.  The place could have been really cool but just wasn’t fantastic. They were out of everything we tried to order.  WHO RUNS OUT OF CHEESE?  The waitress had an attitude and my total was wrong.  Well, it was both right and wrong.  I ordered a $7 glass of sauvignon blanc and was charged $11.50 a glass because my waitress thought sauvignon blanc sounded like Sancerre.  Anyway, I paid $40 for two glasses of wine and bread and butter.  I will not be returning.  I think this week we might go to Borough and hopefully that’s a better experience.  It should be affordable too because they have an awesome Parlour menu.


Money, Money, Money Monday

Speaking of working on my financial fitness, the lease on my outrageously pricy apartment expires at the end of September.  I think I’ve found another place that’s half the price of what I’m paying now and less than ten minute drive maximum to work.  (Right now I’m about 30 minutes away from work unless it snows.  Then I’m 3 hours away…) The bad part is that it’s street parking and doesn’t have a dishwasher (#firstworldproblems).  

 BUT, it’s in a really cool neighborhood right next to an awesome park/”beach”/golf course, is super cheap with all bills included, free access to a washer dryer on the same level as my unit and only shared with two other people (both guys so really, that’s like sharing with one lady-person), and the street parking access is pretty fantastic for what it is.  What it is not is a garage, which is what I have currently but I’m too poor for a garage.




I put down a deposit, which the guy is supposed to hold until all of my rental verifications, income checks, etc. go through.  Hopefully, my people respond in a timely fashion and I can secure it soon so I can stop worrying about it.

It’s also less than 600 square feet so it satisfied my desire to live in a tiny house while also meeting my need to be too lazy to actually build a tiny house. 


How was your weekend? 

How do you save money even though in your mind you’re a billionaire?

No comments:

Post a Comment