Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Weight Loss Wednesday

First blog entry for Fatty Patty-be gentle! 

So...I've been dealing with weight issues for forever.  Seriously.  I was a fat baby.  I was pushing 300 pounds as a senior in high school and then lost 150 pounds with Weight Watchers by the time I finished freshmen year at college.  Since that time I've mostly been able to yo-yo diet into fitting into a size 12/13 and around 160-180 pounds until the past few years.  Yo-yo dieting isn't working like it used to.  Probably because I've damaged my metabolism over the years or maybe just because I'm getting older.  Actually, I'm pretty sure it's the old thing.

I'm hoping that posting monthly/weekly goals, a recap of my diet for the past week, current weight and measurements, and general word vomit here will help hold me accountable.  I lost 13 pounds in May with the Whole30 plan and have since resorted to a bastardized Paleo diet plan.  I do have some food allergies (dairy and gluten and soy) which fit best into this plan, even though it can be a pain in the rear.

Right now I'm hovering around 198 and my measurements are:
  • neck:  14.5 inches
  • upper arms:  15.5 inches
  • bust:   43 inches
  • chest:  39.5 inches
  • waist:  37 inches
  • hips: 48 inches
  • thighs:  28.5 inches
  • calves:  18.75 inches
So basically, my goal is to have a waist the size of my right thigh.  That shouldn't be difficult.


Stay Tuned 

Next Wednesday I'll do more of a recap of what I've been shoving into my gullet, any awesome recipes I've made up, or general bitching about my pants not fitting. 
The first Wednesday of August I'll update my weight and measurements.  Depending on how brave (or drunk) I am, I might even post those before shots I took.


If anyone is reading, how do you manage your weight?  Are you one of the mythical naturally thin people or the ones that don't like tasty things?

No comments:

Post a Comment